|Version no.||Date||Initials||Note of change(s) made|
Community Schools Trust has produced a Publication Scheme of information for use in all schools managed by the Trust. This relates to information that is available under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and it conforms to the model scheme for schools and academies approved by the Information Commissioner.
The Board of Trustees has responsibility for ensuring that Academies in the trust comply with the Act.
Introduction: the development of a Publication Scheme
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2010 (FOIA) public authorities should be proactive about the information that is available to the public. This includes all maintained sector schools and from 1st January 2011, academies.
In order to comply with the requirements of the Act, the publication scheme covers the Trust’s commitment on the following points:
- To proactively publish, or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information which is held by schools in the Trust and falls within the classifications below.
- To specify the information that is held by the Trust and falls within the classifications below.
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information the Trust makes available under this scheme.
- To produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- To make this publication scheme available to the public.
All information in the Publication Scheme is available in paper form.
Categories of Information Published
The Publication Scheme is a guide to the information which is currently published (or has recently been published) or which we will publish in the future. This information is available on the individual school’s websites and is categorised in ‘Classes’ as outlined later in this Scheme.
The classes of information will not generally include:
- Information the disclosure of which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure. This includes information protected by the Data Protection Act.
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
Requests for Information
Information that is not published under the scheme can be requested by email, letter or fax.
All requests will be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.
Tel: 020 8534 8666
Fax: 020 8519 8702
Community Schools Trust
Forest Gate Community School
London E7 9BB
Please make the subject of your request “PUBLICATION SCHEME REQUEST".
Paying for Information
Information published on the Trust / Academies websites is free. Single copies of information covered by this publication are provided free unless stated otherwise. However, there may be a charge if the request:
- Requires a lot of printing or photocopying
- Incurs a large postage charge
- Requires a priced item e.g. some printed publication or video
In such instances, you will be notified in advance.
Annex 1: Guide to information available from Forest Gate Community School under the Model Publication Scheme
|Information to be published||How the information can be obtained||Cost|
|Who's who in the school||Website||No charge|
|Who's who on the Governing Body and the basis of their appointment||Website||No charge|
|Articles of Association||Website||No charge|
|Contact details for the Headteacher and members of the Governing Body||Website||No charge|
|Staffing Structure||Hard copy||See charges|
|School session times and term dates||Website||No charge|
|Annual budget plan and financial statements||Hard copy||See charges|
|Capitalised funding||Hard copy||See charges|
|Additional funding||Hard copy||See charges|
|Procurement and projects||Hard copy||See charges|
|Pay policies||Hard copy||See charges|
|Staffing and grading structure||Hard copy||See charges|
|Government supplied performance data||Hard copy||See charges|
|Latest Ofsted report||Website||No charge|
|Performance management policy and procedures adopted by the Governing Body||Hard copy||See charges|
|Safeguarding - policies and procedures||Website||No charge|
|Admissions policy/decisions (not individual admissions decisions)||Website||No charge|
|Agendas of meetings of the Governing Body and its sub-committees||Website||No charge|
|Committee Terms of Reference||Website||No charge|
|Minutes of meetings (as above) - this will exclude information classified as 'Confidential'||Website||No charge|
|School policies including:|
|Charging and remissions policy||Website||No charge|
|Health & Safety||Website||No charge|
|Child Protection||Website||No charge|
|Complaints procedure||Website||No charge|
|Discipline and grievance policies||Hard copy||See charges|
|Equality and diversity (including equal opportunities) policies||Website||No charge|
|Pupil and curriculum policies including:|
|Sex and relationships education||Website||No charge|
|Personal social and health eduction||Website||No charge|
|Additional needs||Website||No charge|
|Race equality||Website||No charge|
|Anti bullying||Website||No charge|
|Records management and personal data policies including:|
|Records retention||Website||No charge|
|Data protection||Website||No charge|
|Freedom of information - publication scheme||Website||No charge|
|Curriculum circulars and statutory instruments||Hard copy||See charges|
|Disclosure logs||Hard copy||See charges|
|Asset register||Hard copy||See charges|
|Any information the school is currently legally required to hold in publicly available registers
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE ATTENDANCE REGISTERS
|Hard copy||See charges|
|Extra-curricular activities & out of school clubs||Website||No charge|
|School publications||Website||No charge|
|Leaflets and newsletters||Website||No charge|
Schedule of Charges
|Type of Charge||Description||Basis of Charge|
|Disbursement cost||Photocopying/printing at 6p per sheet (black & white)||Actual cost
|Photocopying/printing at 15p per sheet (colour)||Actual cost
||Actual cost of Royal Mail standard 2nd class|
||In accordance with the relevant legislation|