The Inclusion Faculty provides structures and strategies to enable students with a special educational need and disability to meet their full potential, academically and socially, within school.
The staffing structure of the Inclusion Faculty includes a SENCO and a number of skilled Teaching Assistants. The school also works with other external professionals to address specific needs and maximise learning and enhance teaching; in addition to this there are additional groups to improve access to the curriculum including: social skills, family support and support during break and lunchtime for some vulnerable students.
Our SENCO is Joy Sultana:
The Faculty strives to ensure provision matches the needs of individual students through:
- Identifying, assessing and reviewing the special educational needs of students;
- Developing students' literacy, numeracy and learning skills in order to increase their access to the National Curriculum;
- Providing tailored in-house support or referring students to the appropriate agency, in order for them to experience academic and social success within the school community;
- Adapting resources in order that students with additional needs have access to the curriculum and school environment;
- Developing partnerships with parents and students;
- Developing the skills of all teachers to enable them to continue to meet the range of individual need within the classroom and further the development of inclusive practice.