Personal presentation is important in the world of work and we want to make sure that our students develop a sense of pride in how they look. Research suggests students behave better in school uniform and therefore their learning will benefit.
The school uniform supplier is:
Trutex Hackney (Crossbow)
31 Broadway Market
Hackney E8 4PH
Tel: 020 7923 9313
Uniform items must be plain, without accessories, logos, decoration or any other colours. Below is a list of acceptable uniform:
- Blazer: Grey HNS blazer with logo
- Shirt: Plain white shirt with collar
- Tie: HNS tie, worn to the waist
- Jumper (optional): HNS V-Neck with logo
- Trousers: Plain matt navy blue, tailored, regular fit (no denim, coloured pocket zips)
- Skirt: Plain matt navy, knee-length
- Socks or tights: Plain black
- Shoes: Plain black leather school shoes, providing adequate protection and support (no casuals, fabric, canvas, trainers, sandals, pumps, ‘work’ type shoes e.g. Doctor Martins, high heels, boots, coloured laces, coloured stitching)
- Coat: Plain black, to be removed in class (no leather, suede, denim, hoody, sweatshirt, sports top, body warmer, gillet)
- Hijab, abaya, prayer cap, turban, patka: plain matt black.
Jewellery, Decoration and Other Items
- A single necklace or bracelet for religious reasons
- Hats: Plain black woollen hat, only to be worn outside the buildings during cold weather (no bobbles, visors)
- Hair fasteners: Plain black or plain white
- Earrings: Small plain studs, matching pair or single
- Belts: Plain black, plain buckle (no oversized buckles)
- Make-up: To be modest and discreet (no lipstick, false eyelashes, acrylic nails)
- No body jewellery, unnatural coloured hair, tattoos, visible undergarments.
PE Kit: Required Items
- Shirt: Blue HNS polo shirt with logo
- Shorts: Blue HNS football shorts with logo
- Socks: Blue HNS football socks.
PE Kit: Optional Items
- Tracksuit bottoms: Blue HNS bottoms with logo or plain navy bottoms
- Sweatshirt: Blue HNS sweatshirt with logo or plain navy sweatshirt.